Thursday, 11 December 2014

Final Image

This is my final image for print. I chose this image because of the colour tones and emotion on her face, both of which i really like. sadly I couldnt use the editing technique i would have have liked to. This is because of the high iso in camera settings. However, this does work in my favour to as it does give the image an effect of having film grain, an effect i really like.


on the image shown you can see the before (right of the image) and after (left of the image) and how in raw i've altered the settings to get the effect and colour i liked. In the other close up image you can see how the high iso has effected the image showing the grain of the background in the blue highlighted area and the softness due to the iso in the red highlighted area.














the full image shows post editing using the same techniques shown earlier and from a distance looks amazing with the colours and the detail in the image but if you zoom into the image at 100% you can really see the flaws in the image. The grain in the image is a lot worse and starts to show up on the models face and not just background but the level of detail in the image is good in my opinion, especially around the eyes.
I also changed the image size from 24x20 to 20x16 because i knew that due to the high amounts of grain that would really show at a larger size. I have learnt from this experience that in the studio where there is smooth backgrounds that shooting at an iso that is higher than usual can't be done without a lot of grain. I have also learnt that a high iso does effect the sharpness of the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment