Tuesday 2 December 2014



Alec Soth was born in 1969 and is an American Photographer. He is particularly famous for "large scale American Projects" within the western US. A lot of his work is done on film (mainly 5x4) as shown in the two images above he captures large amounts of detail in his work. I like the depth of field within the images and how the subject that is the main part of the image is crisp and very focused. The 5x4 images are also almost hyper realistic I really do like some of his photography for that reason. The first image above of the man sleeping is my favourite because it really shows every bit of detail. I like the colours it has and the contrast between the blue clothing and the green log. A lot of his work is just approaching strangers in the street and taking an image of them which I think really shows  the environment and emphasises the subject he is shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment